Equipment Hire Terms & Conditions
PLEASE PADDLE WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITIES
We recommend that unless you have previous experience you arrange a guided trip or lesson with us first.
- Personal Floatation Device (PDF)
Please wear the ones provided when you are on or near the water. This is for your safety.
- Recommended Clothing
We recommend that you wear some kind of footwear, as the rocks and stones on the beach can be sharp. Please wear suitable PPE (wetsuits) for the weather conditions.
You must be 18 or over to hire a craft. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult, on a one adult to a maximum of two children ratio.
We highly recommend that you take a mobile phone with you as a means of contact if any problems arise. A drybag is provided for this exact purpose, there will also be a laminated card with our contact details and details for the emergency services.
- Protecting the Hire Craft and Hired Equipment
Please do not drag any boat, you will have been shown how to lift and carry these, if in any doubt please ask for assistance. Please keep paddles with the craft and avoid abrading the buoyancy aid on rough surfaces or sitting on them (this damages the foam).
You are responsible for the craft while it’s in your care for the hire period. Do not leave it unattended or out of your site. Take you paddles and buoyancy aids with you wherever you go and keep the boat/craft in sight at all times.
Please respect all wildlife, and take special care regarding sea birds and marine life especially at breeding times.
- Other Water Users
Again please respect other users and in the case of motor boats or professional water users (including racing kayaks and rowers) please keep well clear and to the right when they are approaching. If you suffer any problems with abuse or potentially dangerous activities please do not hesitate to report this to us. Give anglers space and watch out for lines.
We strongly advise that you or anyone with you on the water does not consume alcohol. Users should use the same common sense with alcohol as if driving.
- Help or Emergency
If you or anyone with you is in need of serious non-urgent help please call for us in the cellar or on the water. In the event of illness, injury or life threatening incidents please immediately call the emergency services on 999 with details of the incidents and your location and that you have a hired craft from Cornish Rock Tors Ltd. If you then can notify us, we will with the emergency services provide assistance.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on the water.
- All hirer’s must be able to swim a minimum of 20 metres and be confident in the water wearing a buoyancy aid.
- Children from 5 years old may participate subject to a correctly fitted buoyancy aid.
- We recommend a minimum of 2 kayaks or boards to be hired for and we advise that no one paddles alone.
- Cost of hire must be paid for in full at time of booking.
- A security deposit against the kayaks and stand up paddle boards will be taken in the form of debit or credit card or ID, money will only be taken in the event of unreturned/damaged equipment.
- All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the water.
- Participants must be considerate to all other water users i.e.; fellow canoeists, powered boats and fisherman.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have the correct clothing, and are fit enough to paddle comfortably.
- Only launch and land at suitable areas.
- You must always stay with your kayak or board at all times. If you fall off get back on your kayak or board straight away as it may drift off due to wind and tide.
- The hirer agrees to pay for any loss or damage of equipment.
- Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed to hire and will not eligible for a refund.
We will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of Cornish Rock Tors Ltd.
Participants should be aware that kayaking & stand up paddle board can be dangerous. Hazards include (but not limited to); drowning, hypothermia, repetitive strain injury, slips, trips, falls, biological hazards from sea water, skeletal/muscular injuries from paddling or moving equipment. All participants accept exposure to the afore mentioned hazards and do not hold Cornish Rock Tors Ltd responsible for injuries obtained from kayaking, Stand Up Paddle Board or any associated activity.
We do not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You accept that you are taking your personal property on to the water at your own risk.
People with existing injuries should not participate.
We reserve the right to make amendments to this hire disclaimer without notice.