Terms & Conditions
All instruction and specialist equipment are included. Most courses start at Port Gaverne Beach unless stated otherwise. Travel to the venue and lunch are not included unless stated otherwise. Personal insurance is not included (see below).
All our instructors are fully qualified in the activities that they instruct. All hold National Governing Body Awards for the activities they instruct and all hold current First Aid certificates. In addition to this all our instructors have either been checked by the Criminal Records Bureau for their suitability to work with young people, or we hold references from two previous employers where they have worked with children.
Safety is the priority in all we do. We have strict standards of operation, risk assessment and equipment that are regularly monitored. However, the activities that we run are hazardous by their nature and you must accept a certain element of risk with your chosen course (see booking conditions). To ensure safety we reserve the right to change courses and itineraries if we believe there are unacceptable risks.
It is the law that all providers of certain adventure activities to unaccompanied minors be licensed by the Adventure Activity Licensing Authority. The AALA has inspected and approved our operating procedures, staffing and equipment for coasteering and climbing activities. Our current license number is L8513/R1528.
We are used to working with the fickle British weather and usually can provide a great day out despite what it throws at us. With our experience of the outdoors we will always work hard to ensure that the weather is used to our best advantage and we will always try to offer an alternative activity should the conditions make the planned program impossible.
Most of our courses are perfectly suitable for any healthy person of average fitness. Please let us know of any medical conditions you may have on the booking form. These records will be treated in the strictest confidence. If you are unsure about any conditions’ relevance, please call and ask.
Please note that prices quoted are subject to change at the discretion of Cornish Rock Tors Ltd.
Cornish Rock Tors Ltd. holds an insurance policy, which covers all our activities and products which includes £10,000,000 public/products liability cover. It is also possible for clients to obtain insurance against accident and personal injury as well as cancellation and curtailment of any course if they wish. This should cover the activities that you will be undertaking on the course. Such insurance may be obtained from: BMC, 177-179 Burton Road, Manchester, M20 2BB, Tel: 0161 445 4747
Or online from www.thebmc.co.uk
Under 18’s will need to have parental consent to attend a course.
Cornish Rock Tors – Booking Terms and Conditions
- All course bookings are made with Cornish Rock Tors Ltd, Registered Company No 5868810 (referred hereafter to as CRT) whose registered office is – Cornish Rock TOrs Ltd C/O Russell & Young Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountants and Registered Auditors, 25 Anthony Road, Heavitree, Exeter, EX1 2SS
- Climbing and Mountaineering are hazardous activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Although we take every care to minimise these risks, participants of CRT courses should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.
- Neither CRT nor any of its representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on our courses, nor will they be liable for any uninsured losses of client property.
- Under 18’s wishing to participate in CRT courses must, in the first instance, contact the centre to discuss requirements and eligibility. Please note additional consent forms may be required.
- In order to reserve a place on a course you must return a completed booking form together with a deposit of typically not less than 50% of the total cost of the course. This deposit is only refundable due to cancelation by CRT due to weather or other unforeseen circumstance (see Cancellation by the Client).
- On receipt of a booking CRT will send you an email confirmation together with details of final payment, joining instructions and an equipment list where appropriate.
- Course fees are payable online or by cheque to Cornish Rock Tors Ltd.
- If your Company or Authority requires an invoice for this course, please enclose a purchase order or other form of written authority with your booking form. Payment terms for invoices are strictly 30 days net from date of invoice. Under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act we reserve the right to impose interest on all invoices where the balance has not been settled in full within the specified credit period. Interest will be charged at 8% above the Bank of England base rate and will accrue on a daily basis. An administrative fee of £40 for debts up to £99 and £70 for debts above £1000 will also be levied on any outstanding balances.
- You must notify us of any medical conditions (e.g. asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, previous injuries), medication taken or allergies (i.e. penicillin, nuts) which may affect your ability to safely participate in any activities booked through CRT.
- When making your booking you must have read and understood these terms and conditions, particularly those applying to cancellation, and agree to abide by them.
- Our instructors reserve the right to ask any one or more clients to leave a session if they are unable to participate appropriately in the activity, or if it comes to light that the participant is under age. These participants will be returned to the care of the group leader or accompanying adult for the remainder of the session and will no longer be under our care and responsibility.
Cancellation by the Client
- All cancellations must be made in writing and will be effective from the date of receipt by CRT.
- The following cancellation fees shall apply: 50% of the total course fee where cancellation takes place 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the course.
- The booking fee maybe transferred to an alternative course provided notice is given no later than 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the course. Transferal will incur an administration charge of £00.
Cancellation by Cornish Rock Tors
- CRT will make every attempt to ensure that courses run, however, CRT reserve the right to cancel a course if there are insufficient numbers. In such a case CRT will notify the client as soon as possible but not less than 5 days prior to the commencement of the course.
- In the event of CRT canceling a course the client shall be entitled to one of the following:
- A full refund of all money paid; or.
- A transfer of all money paid to an alternative course.