Outdoor Adventure Jobs with Cornish Rock Tors
Join The Team For 2020! We are currently recruiting for our 2020 season, and have the following outdoor adventure jobs vacant:
- Coasteering Guide
- Sea Kayaking Guide
- Stand-Up Paddleboard Instructor/Guide
About Cornish Rock Tors Ltd
Based at Port Gaverne on the North Cornish coast, next to Port Isaac in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with miles of stunning wild coastline to explore in either direction, you couldn’t find a better “office”. Cornish Rock Tors is a well established outdoor adventure activity provider founded in 2006; we pioneered coasteering in Cornwall a decade ago and our long track record and positive reviews (5* and certificate of excellence on Trip Advisor, 5/5 on Facebook and 4.9/5 Google Reviews) are testament to the strength and professionalism of the team that you will be joining.
Our team of professional water sport guides share unforgettable outdoor experiences with visitors all year round, and on a daily basis from spring through autumn. We guide people to inaccessible parts of the Cornish coast, encouraging them to challenge themselves and try something new in a supportive setting, whilst learning about the incredible natural environment where we run our activities.
Whether you are a seasoned outdoor industry professional, just starting out in the sector, or looking for a fun, fulfilling and adventurous summer job, we have a variety of roles vacant with different entry levels and requirements. This is an active and customer-facing job in the outdoors, doing for work what other people pay to do for fun!
Outdoor Adventure Jobs and Requirements
- Coasteering Guide – Assistant and lead guide positions available. Some relevant experience required, plus a valid beach lifeguard and/or first aid qualification. Further activity and location specific in-house training provided.
- Sea Kayaking Guide – Minimum of 4 star sea kayak or moderate water sea kayak leader.
- Stand-Up Paddleboard Instructor/Guide – Any SUP leader qualification (including ASI, BSUPA, WSA or BCU). Please get in touch with your qualification and experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive rates of pay (that exceed the Real Living Wage and National Minimum Wage)
- Full and ongoing training with possible opportunities to up-skill across other activities.
- All standard kit provided (wetsuit, helmet, buoyancy aid etc…) and access to team discounts on kit from our suppliers.
How to Apply
You can apply for any of our vacant outdoor adventure jobs by sending us a current C.V. with supporting cover letter to email@example.com specifying “2020 Team Application” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Recruitment Open Day
Saturday March 14th 2020
If you’re interested in working with us then we invite you to join us on our 2020 Recruitment Open Day on Saturday March 14th from 10am – 4pm at Port Gaverne. The day will provide an opportunity for you to see how we operate our activities at our venue, and for us to meet you and asses your water-based skills throughout over the course of the day. It’ll be tiring, probably a bit cold, and definitely lots of fun.